Tuesday 16 February 2010

Welcome to our first blog.

Hello,

A quick intro, I’m Adam and I will be the Chief Blog Correspondent! I also deal with all sales issues, business development and what I like to call slavery! You might guess by now, I’m also son to the Managing Director, Paula. We are very much a family run business, with my elder bro Justin looking after our accounts and website activity (all the boring bits!).

I am sure that our regular customers will be aware that we have been very busy over the past year creating our new brand Baked to Taste, with the fantastic help of Jonathan Alder. The Baked to Taste brand has now been applied to all our ‘ready to go’ cake and pastry ranges. There is so much to say about our new brand, but I will try and keep it short and sweet. Baked to Taste is designed to be more visually welcoming, and give a sophistication to our range which is on a par with the quality of our products. We hope it will communicate our values of sourcing our ingredients locally, being hand crafted and freshly baked. I must say that we are really looking forward to the journey ahead of us with the Baked to Taste brand.

Despite being so busy, we have still made time for some product development- most definitely one of my favourite times of year. I love tasting new products (a great excuse for stuffing my face!). Its so exciting to hear all the great feedback, and I think we have come up with some instant hits this year. So good that we can’t stop our driver Mike raving about how good the products are to our local customers.

So what’s new I hear you say? On the pastry side, we have a Butternut Squash and Cannellini Bean Pie (a creamy Cannellini Bean and Mushroom sauce topped with Butternut Squash and Potato). Over to the indulgent cakes- a Lemon Drizzle Cake and a Raspberry Twist Cupcake. The Lemon Drizzle was introduced after numerous requests from our valued customers, and I am so glad they asked. The cake is moist and lemony (using real lemon juice) with a great crunchy topping, definitely one of my favourites! With the Raspberry Cupcake, we wanted to create a flavour using an English Summer fruit. The twist is that its on a chocolate base, Raspberry’s and Chocolate, you must be tempted!

Last but not least, being Devon based and suppliers to the National Trust, we just had to bring out a scone containing no wheat or gluten! Good old fashioned cream teas, the old ones are always the best. So if you are heading to a National Trust property, you may be in luck and be served a gluten free Cream Tea.

A couple of dates for your diary’s, we will be sampling our products at Woodys Farm shop (Bath) on the 27th Feb, starting 10:30am, and Sailsbury Health Foods on the 6th March, also starting at 10:30am.

Adam

1 comment:

  1. Hi Adam

    Thanks for the mention in your first post! It's great to be working with such an ambitious client, with such fantastic products!

    Good to see the photos, the cakes / pies / tarts look very tasty. Good to see the diary dates too.

    Jonathan

    ReplyDelete